I’m currently spending a lot of time drawing on my iPad Pro, and needed a way to transfer my digital sketches to drawing paper. Essentially, a lightbox with the ability to display an image. Since I still had my old first-generation iPad lying around, I developed a simple little app to put it to use again: Lightbox trace.
- Load an image from photos or the clipboard
- Scale, position, rotate as desired
- lock the screen – the app now ignores all touch events, so you can put a piece of paper on the display and trace the image
- display brightness is automatically increased to the maximum
- you can also just show white, for tracing from one paper to another
I’ve found it to be quite useful – please try it (it’s free!) out and let me know if there is anything you might want to be added.